Currently enrolling for the 2018-2019 School Year
Would you like to visit our school?
The admissions policy of Love of Learning Montessori School is based upon the educational concepts and philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori. We serve a broad range of racial, cultural and religious groups. We strive to achieve age and gender balance in every classroom whenever possible.
Love of Learning Montessori School’s admissions policies, curriculum and faculty have been approved by the Maryland Department of Education and the Maryland Office of Child Care.
The following are our criteria for enrollment at each level with approximate ages:
- Infant Program (Ages 6 weeks – 23 months)
- We can accept children starting at 6 weeks of age.
- Children remain in this class until a move to the Toddler class is possible.
- Toddler Program (Ages 24 months-36 months)
- Children must be 12 months old on the first day of attendance and do not need to be toilet trained but need to be walking.
- Children remain in this class until they are ready for Children’s House.
- Children must be able to separate from parents within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the teacher depending on the needs of the child.
- Children’s House (Ages 3-6 years)
- Children must be 3 years old by September 1st to be enrolled in this class.
- Children must be toilet trained. Diapers or pull-up diapers are not permitted. Cotton training pants are permissible.
- If a child has previous school experience, then copies of transcripts and / or progress reports will be required. A curricular assessment will be required in order to admit a child entering the cycle as a five year old.
- Children entering in the second year of the cycle, must be 4 years old by September 1st to be enrolled in this class. Due to the complexity of the curriculum, children entering the school as 5 years old must be 5 by September 1st and will be required to complete a minimum of two years in this level, unless transferring from a Montessori school.
- Elementary Program (Ages 6-9 years)
- Previous Montessori experience is preferred. If none exists, then each child will be taken on a case by case basis.
- Children must be 6 years old by September 1st of the six year old year to be enrolled in the class.
- If a child is coming from another school, then copies of transcripts will be required.
- All transfer candidates are required to spend 1-2 days in the classroom as part of the interview process.